Welcome to Brisbane Oil Corporation
Brisbane Oil Corporation is a Australian company focused on accelerating development of Australia’s known gas discoveries.
Our strategy is simple – bring our flagship Equus Gas Project into production in 2024, unlock the exploration potential of the greater Equus region and, through the development of the Equus infrastructure, collaborate with other resource owners to commercialise their stranded gas resources.
The 2 Tcf gas and 42 MMbbl condensate Equus resource is being planned as an upstream to nearshore floating liquefied natural gas project, with the ability to support production of 2 million tonnes of LNG a year for 20 years. An onshore pipeline is also planned, increasing the connectivity and security of supply of Australia’s gas network.
Our collaborative and flexible approach to our business is a key strength and we are partnering with some of the world’s leading oil and gas and financial service providers to commercialise Equus.
And with 100% ownership, a fit-for-purpose design and an innovative design-to-install contracting approach, we are on target to deliver a globally competitive LNG supply in 2024.
Equus Gas Project
- Australia’s largest development-ready, 100% private owned gas resource
- Independently certified resource of 2 Tcf of gas and 42 mmbbls of condensate
- US$1.5 billion spent on exploration and appraisal since 2007
- 17 exploration wells for 15 discoveries and more than 9,100 km2 of seismic acquired
- Four appraisal wells and five dynamic well tests
- Investment Strategy develops a diversified strategic asset allocation in line with BOCIA’s mission and investment goals, adding value through tactical asset allocation and by advising BOCIA’s leadership on features and trends in capital markets.
- Portfolio Construction provides quantitative and operational support to the Investment Strategy processes. It also develops, maintains and improves portfolio optimisation, portfolio simulation and back-testing tools.